Change displayed data in LOV using Forms Personalization

Goal: Change the LOV in “Supplier Name” field in the Find “Invoice Form (AP_APXINWKB)”

Navigation: Payables Manager > Entry > Invoices

alt

Double Click it to open

alt

In the first filed, Supplier Name change LOV In such a way that no one can see the TaxPayerID in LOV. It should be masked with *’s.

alt

Trigger Event:
WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE

Condition:

Processing Mode:
Not in Enter-Query Mode

alt

Click on Actions and enter the following.

Seq: 10

Type:
Builtin

Language:
all

Builtin type:
Create Record Group from Query

Argument: Paste your new SQL statement here. In this case it would be

SELECT vendor_name, vendor_number,

DECODE (active_flag, ‘Y’, ‘Yes’, ‘N’, ‘No’, ‘Yes’) active, ‘***’ num_1099,vat_registration_num, vendor_id, ”, ”, ”, ”, hold_all_payments_flag

FROM po_vendors_ap_v

WHERE num_active_pay_sites > 0 OR num_inactive_pay_sites > 0

ORDER BY UPPER (vendor_name)

Group Name:

alt

Save it.

Click Validate

Click Apply Now.

Go to tools Menu >> click Validate All

alt

Once it is successfully validated you are ready to go.

Click ok and close personalization form.

Close your find invoices form and invoices form completely.

Open it again and click on Supplier name field LOV

Query any supplier. You will see your changes to the LOV as shown below.

alt

Now Taxpayer ID is shown as ***** instead of number

16 Comments

1. Rajini
    Sep 13, 2011 @ 22:11:13

Hi, I have a requirement based on one responsibility i need to show one query in my LOV and for remaining all responsibilities i need to show other lov.

Using form personalization only one conditon is working

Example IF responsibility_id =’120′ my lov should be select empname, empno from emp where dept no=20

else
    for all other responsibiliites my lov should be select empname, empno from emp

regards,
    Rajini

2. Tom
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 19:48:38

Rajini,
    Hope you got the answer.
    You have to create two different LOV’s and call each of them based on two different conditions in the each personalization lines complementing each other.

Example : In one condition you use responsibility_id =’120′ and define your one LOV
    and in anther line condition use responsibility_id ’120′ and define anther LOV.
    That should do.

3. Anoo
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 21:24:47

Hello,

I have a requirement on the Miscellaneous Transaction form which needs a error msg when the user not to free-key in the lot number. Also a transaction ID has to be shown soon after the validation of the record.

I have tried to execute when-validate-trigger for both of them but found that it is being overwritten.
    I have also tried 2 actions with the same condition. But it is not working.

Can you please help me in understanding how i can pop up an error message when the lot number is out of LOV and also how i can populate transaction_header_id for validated records. (Please let me know the triggers for each.)

4. Kiran Reddy
    Sep 29, 2011 @ 12:42:02

Hi All,

How to do some actions when user selects the Ordered Item from the LOV in Sales Order Form.

I have tried with WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE on Ordered Item field.. But the trigger is getting fired when you select it from LOV by clicking on button next to field.

I have requirement to restrict Ordered Item LOV based on Items in Sales Agreement.

How can this be achieved.

Thanks in Advance.

• Kiran Reddy
      Sep 29, 2011 @ 12:43:39

Sorry for typo error in last reply…the trigger is NOT getting fired when you select it from LOV by clicking on button next to field.

5. Tammye Herrin
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 03:47:12

Hi,
    In the Projects window (PAXPREPR) form I need to keep the user from being able to change the trans date. Can you tell me how to do this. The user needs to be able to change the project status so we can not use the inquiry for this form.

6. bhaskar
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 12:39:15

How can manage the Multiple LOV’s in dorms personalisation

7. bhaskar
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 12:40:33

How can manage the Multiple LOV’s in forms personalisation

8. Sri
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 01:36:19

Hi All,

I have few questions about this article…
    1. How did you get the name of the target object? In this case it is “Target Object: INV_ALL_VENDORS_NAME”. I am working with a similar situation but was not able to get the LOV name

2. In the query used how did you get the name of view used…” FROM po_vendors_ap_v” ? I was not able to figure out how to get this view name?

Please can you help me with this.

• Sri
      Dec 10, 2011 @ 04:38:59

Hi All,

I figured out how to get them… There are two ways to get … One u shld have the .fmb file for the form. U open it in forms developer and u can get the LOV, Record group and the corresponding query…

In second way u can only get the query for the Record group… But i dont think u can get the record group name….. For this method U shld enable the trace with binds option in forms.
      Help –> Diagnostics –> Trace –> Trace with binds..
      Then query the LOV… U need… System will generate a trace file…. Open the trace file and u find the record group query in it…

9. Hilko
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 22:00:50

Hello,

Is it possible to disable (insert and update not allowed) a whole block and enable one field (item). Or must I disable all the other fields except one field?

I hope you understand me.
    It is for the HR form and we will for one responsibility, that they can only chance the hire date.

With regards,
    Hilko

10. shan
    Jun 05, 2012 @ 14:08:44

Good but no clarity
    created a custom query in
    action->builtin
    and how to know which view has to be used
    plz clarify it

11. Sritapa
    Oct 04, 2012 @ 11:27:34

hey thanks a lot!!!….I could do the personalization with the help of your guidance.

12. ravendra.singh
    Oct 29, 2012 @ 18:24:42

Hi,
    I need to personalize APXPAWKB.fmb. In which the LOV for PAY_SUM_FOLDER.PAYMENT_DOCUMENT_NAME is returning many columns, but when I open the form through form builder the query for the LOV is returning few columns only so how to restrict the LOV by restricting conditions on 2 columns. ???

13. sarankumar
    Nov 22, 2012 @ 15:54:49

Hi i found this to be a good and easy way to learn personalisation

14. Nidhi
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 13:18:40

Hi I want to add one column in the LOV I repeated same steps but it is giving FRM-40350 query caused no records to be retrieved. Checked query its working fine. Any idea will be helpful.